Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ben Sands, a wonderful singer from Ireland


Whenever I look at the picture above, I smile. Here is Kathy, the love of my life, Ben Sands, and me sitting at the table, happy as can be. We were over at LLoyd Hollets house for a meal with Ben and his lovely wife. Ben promised to us that evening that he would sing a song off his cd that we love called Lady Take your Time. It's a beautiful song that means so much to us....a song about decision making....and a decision we made for ourselves and our future. And I'm glad Kathy and I did. Ben may or may not be aware, but his song drove home the fact of being happy and being together.
So Ben sang the song in Woody Point that special evening and we ended up buying a house in Woody Point that summer. It's all connected.
Ben is a wonderful man who told me that sometimes the musician is also the listener, the doctor, the therapist, the "friend" to many. I know what he means. But it's good to have poets who are good singers and "friends" to listeners like us.
If you like good music and well written lyrics, I suggest you try a cd by Ben Sands. He's at www.bensands.com
You'll love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment