Monday, May 24, 2010

Never too late to Blog, eh?

Hello all SharecropperTrio fans and folks!
I am presently blogging some great music at the Newfoundland Downhome "Kitchen" site at:
http://www.downhomekitchen.com/posts.php?id=18392
and the music chosen there by me is mostly Newfoundland folk. But I've thrown in some Irish and blue grass and many have contributed their own songs and comments. It may take 30 seconds or so for the song to download when you click the blue "here" button beneath the comments,..... but it'll be well worth it. There are a few old style songs that people have presented but most of the songs are the newer performed ones with great lyrics and music. Ear phones or good speakers is a must! With earphones the bass comes through which is so necessary.
So have a look and listen,...and enjoy. There must be 25 pages there so far!!! There are even a few of our Sharecropper songs there and a few of my own originals like Maggie Madigan-Titanic Survivor and a song about my experience with an iceberg as I rowed out to see it. Didn't the darn berg flip right over when I was just 10 meters away!!! I called the song Iceberg Towering Over Me.
Oh, and that song above about Maggie Madigan?? Both she and my great grandfather, John Madigan, were born in Askeaton, Co. Limerick, Ireland. Maggie survived the sinking of the Titanic on April 14th/15th, 1912. Thank God great Grandpa John never crosssed on the Titanic, or I might not be writing this blog!
You can reach me at mike_madigan@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment